- Hello anonymous user! This page was last edited or modified by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) on Sunday 19:58:04 April 13, 2014 (UTC).
Hello + Wiki business
Hi and pleased to meet you, I see you're continuing on MvP's and Locke's work as an admin, which is awesome. Anyway, recently I ran into some vandalism on the Disorder War page, since, it's coming from IP/anonymous users, perhaps a semi-protect might help curb this type of vandalism. — 22:40, Saturday, 1 February 2014 (GMT +8)
- I'm not Rogal, but done :P. Thanks for pointing that out.
- Thanks Bobogoobo. :) — 21:55, Sunday, 2 February 2014 AWST
- Thanks for catching that Bobo. I haven't been very active in CN since I moved back home. Also, nice to meet you Imperator! :) — 06:24, February 4, 2014 (UTC)
Rudolph on IRC told me about a tool I hadn't heard of that convert images to SVG. It's implemented in Inkscape (Path-->Trace Bitmap, or Ctrl+Shift+B) with colors as well. It seems to have trouble being very accurate with most of the flags I've tried, though. Maybe you could try it on other things you want to vectorize and see how it does.
- By and large it's a piece of crap. I used it for some of my very early SVG experiments, but as you noted, its accuracy is scant. The colored version is even worse, because it creates one giant layer for each color, and overlays them on top of each other with holes for lower layers to show through, rather than only tracing the area that is actually a particular color. This is so particularly bad that if you open a file made this way in a web browser, you can see every color load in: because it inflates the file size while it's at it. Here's an example. Just sit and watch it load. Uguu. ~ vonPreuſ3en
- Oh god... my eyes! — 04:13, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Hahaha. Was wondering why it lagged Inkscape to heck. Wonder if you could use that to make the equivalent of a GIF :P
- Oh shucks! sure thing! — 03:46, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
hey, what is the license for your pic (http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/File:Draco.jpg) can i use it?