|The Unjust War|
|Date||September 9–23, 2007*|
|Casus belli||Genmay-BoTS War|
|Result||Overall ~ Victory|
|Preceded by|| |
|Succeeded by|| |
| || |
| Nations: ≈3,850|
Nukes: ≈4,177 (more than half controlled by GOONS)
Total NS: ≈42,797,796
| Nations: ≈6,086|
Total NS: ≈95,412,023
| * Though the war is listed as over on 9/23, some battle fronts remained contested beyond that date. On October 18 the ~ coalition officially declared victory, though GOONS resistance continued.
The Unjust War, originally the Genmay-BoTS War, and originally alternatively referred to by some and disputed by others as Great War IV, was a global nuclear military conflict involving the New Polar Order, BLEU and their allies, collectively known as ~, against the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving, the Unjust Path, and their allies, collectively known as the Unjust Highway. The outbreak of the war caused the collapse of the World Unity Treaty, the largest bloc and one of the leading powers in the Cyberverse at that time.
For a list of individuals who fought in the Unjust War see: Category:Unjust War veteran.
World Unity Treaty signatories and their allies split into two opposing camps: The Unjust Highway, led by GOONS, and ~. ~ emerged victorious after The Unjust Highway coalition fell apart beginning on September 17. The war represented a major shift in the order of cyberverse geopolitics, marking the end of a unified Initiative global hegemony.
This conflict is interchangeably referred to as The Unjust War, Great War IV and (occasionally) The Initiative Civil War. Numerous other names were suggested, but only those three are used seriously.
Due to the conflict's short amount of time, among other reasons, several veterans of other Great Wars as well as other players do not categorize this period of warfare as a Great War, and instead refer to it as The Unjust War or UJW.
Events of WarEdit
- Moldavi Rebellion illustrates public rift among Initiative leadership.
- Modgate causes prominent government officials in GOONS, Genmay, and \m/ to be banned from the game.
- Foundation of The Unjust Path.
- NpO and GGA resign from the World Unity Treaty.
- GGA conflict with GOONS over BAPS(Chronology of Events).
- BOTS, an NpO MDP partner, tech raids Genmay on multiple occasions.
- General rivalry between The Orders and UJP for leadership of The Initiative.
Timeline of WarEdit
- See Genmay-BoTS War article for more information.
- Brotherhood of The Storm refuses peace and demands the surrender of Genmay, plus $250 Million in reparations.
- New Polar Order declares war on Genmay in support of its MDP partner Brotherhood of The Storm. Declarations by other alliances follow for both sides.
- The Cyber Nations main boards taken offline due to excessive traffic on the server, and possibly to reduce trolling. The boards came back online at approximately noon Cyber Nations Time on the 10th.
- Dissolution of the New Pacific Order participation in multiple treaties, including the World Unity Treaty and Drinking Buddies.
- Anti-nuclear policy signed by many alliances that would come to form the ~ coalition.
- Dissolution of the Order of the Paradox and Maroon Defense Coalition participation in the World Unity Treaty.
- GOLD declares neutrality, but rescinds the declaration when it is determined that it was made illegitimately.
- First fronts of war end: after talks with UNION, TOP and the Grämlins, -AiD- surrenders to FOK and allies; FOK and GATO agree to a ceasefire after further talks.
- Viridian Entente reforms by merger of The Directorate and Royal Dominion and declares war against the Unjust Highway.
- Unjust Highway member TPF surrenders to NpO, DUAL, MDC and Sparta after alleged out-of-character attacks made by 404Error, the Optimus Prime Minister of the GOONS
- \m/ and Genmay issue temporary ceasefires to investigate TPF's claims of out-of-character abuse, but do not withdraw from the war.
- MK declares a temporary ceasefire and later surrenders outright.
- Various other alliances issue temporary ceasefires, some are not honored.
- Large numbers of Unjust Highway alliances begin to surrender to ~ forces.
- \m/ disbands
- Genmay disbands.
- The only remaining Unjust Highway alliances at war are GOONS, EoTRS, Darkfall, GOD, New Dark Order, and SPAM.
- All remaining Unjust Highway alliances have negotiated peace except GOONS and SPAM. The war as a global event is essentially over. See GOONland Resistance Movement for information about further hostilities between ~ and GOONS.
- War has raged for one month.
- GGA declares victory over SPAM.
July 6, 2008
- ~ announcement by IRON, GGA, and NpO regarding the 'zombification' of Unjust Path alliances that disbanded due to the war.
Genmay v BoTSEdit
- See Genmay-BoTS War article for more information.
Genmay declared war on BoTS on September 8 in response to incidents of BoTS nations raiding Genmay nations. BoTS refused surrender terms offered by Genmay and requested help from their MDP partner New Polar Order. At update on 9/10, NpO declared war on Genmay, leading to treaty chaining that resulted in the Unjust War.
GATO v FOKEdit
GATO, having PIATs with -AiD- and NTO, declared war on FOK but claimed it was a 'side war' and not part of the larger conflict. When TOP threatened to become involved due to their MDP with FOK, which would have been legal, despite TOP's declaration of neutrality, because of GATO's insistence that this was a 'side war', GATO changed their stance and claimed their involvement was indeed a front in the Unjust War.
GATO's involvement invoked questions, since they didn't have an MDP with any alliance in the war, but rather had PIATs. GATO interpreted aid as coming to aid with military force against another alliance when their allies (-AiD- and NTO) asked for it.
NPO v FAN/GOLDEdit
NPO's involvement in the war was originally limited to a declaration against GOLD for arranging aid to FAN, with whom NPO was at war as part of the FAN-WUT War. Though there are conflicting understandings of NPO's stance in this conflict, the NPO Declaration of War states that Pacifica intended to be involved "in the current global conflict," and was by default standing against allies of the Unjust Path. This implies that NPO considered the ongoing FAN-WUT War (also known as VietFAN) to be part of this conflict, so both NPO and FAN have been included as combatants, despite FAN's declaration of neutrality.
GOLD's involvement against CIS ensures their "complete" involvement.
NPO later became engaged against WAPA, Scotland Forever and EoTRS, ensuring that it too can be considered a "fully involved" party, though its involvement against FAN specifically should be considered a "side war".  
The war against GOLD ended with GOLD disbanding following their one year anniversary.
Many consider NPO to not have been involved with the actual Unjust War, including the commanders of ~, due to lack of assistance when requested by multiple treaty partners.
GOONland Resistance MovementEdit
- See main GOONland Resistance Movement article for more information.
Between September 17 and 23, all Unjust Highway alliances except GOONS and SPAM withdrew from the war, leaving GOONS to fight what many predict will be a months-long occupation-style war, similar to VietFAN or, ironically, the Holy War of Farkistan. The GOONland Resistance Movement ended on June 11, 2008, when GOONS disbanded.
Results of WarEdit
- GOLD, GOONS, and \m/ lost their sanctioned status.
- The Initiative's global hegemony broken.
- The Initiative and The Unjust Path blocs dissolve.
- \m/, Genmay, GOLD, and EoTRS disband.
- New Pacific Order emerges as the cyberverse's second largest and second highest-scoring alliance.
- VietFAN brought to a close.
- WAPA moved off the Blue sphere.
- The long-time world order pitting The Initiative versus the survivors of the CoaLUEtion ends, as several former enemies in Great Wars One, Two and Three fight alongside each other as allies.
- For the first time since before the formation of The Initiative and The League, there is no single dominant power bloc in place on Planet Bob, although in some ways the web of MDPs surrounding New Polar Order act as one by default.
- The results of the war would end up as the basis for the later One Vision bloc formed by NPO, NpO, IRON, and GGA.
Of War Against ~Edit
- Genmay declares war on BOTS 
- GS declares war on all declaring war on their allies (GGA, NoV, NpO, IRON, SOUL, GDA and BOTS) 
- MK declares war on NpO 
- GOD declares war on NoV 
- TOOL declares war on IRON 
- R&R declares war on NoV 
- OFS declares war on NoV 
- EoTRS declares war on NoV 
- TPF declares war on NpO 
- BAPS declares war on NoV 
- FOK declares war on NTO 
- \m/ declares war on NpO, NoV, IRON, GDA, FCO, ODN, UPN, and CSE 
- SPAM declares war on GGA 
- RIA declares war on GGA 
- ASC declares war on GGA 
- Fark declares war on GGA 
- WAPA decares war on GDA 
- SF declares war on GDA 
- CDS declares war on Nueva Vida and PLUS 
- CMEA declares war on FCO 
- GOLD declares war on CIS for bandwagoning 
- UNION declares war on -AiD- 
- Valhalla declares war on The Legion 
- =LOST= declares war on NpO
- IPA declares war on GGA 
Of War Against The Unjust HighwayEdit
- GGA recognizes hostilities with GOONS 
- NpO Declares war on Genmay 
- IRON declares war on GOONS 
- NoV declares war on GOONS 
- SOUL declares war on Genmay 
- NTO declares war on GOONS 
- GDA declares war on \m/ and Genmay 
- STA declares war on Genmay 
- ONOS declares war on GOD 
- The Brigade declares war on GS 
- FCO declares war on GOONS 
- The Shadowhood declares war on GS 
- UPN declares war on \m/ 
- ODN declares war on GOONS 
- CSE declares war on The Unjust Path 
- The Illuminati declares war on GOONS 
- PoC declares war on GOONS 
- CIS declares on EoTRS 
- IMU declares on EoTRS 
- PLUS declares on GOD 
- ManOwaRriorS declares on GOD 
- MCXA declares on MK 
- CON and Veritas Aquitas declare on \m/ 
- NOI declares on OFS 
- MHA, NATO and Atlantis declare on GOONS 
- Legion declares on \m/ 
- TAB declares on \m/ 
- OcUK declares on EoTRS 
- -AiD- declares war on FOK 
- HoG declares war on CDS 
- TWD declares war on Genmay 
- The Mafia declares war on GOONS 
- CGN declares war on Genmay 
- GAT-ITEC declares war on GS 
- FEAR declares war on GOD 
- ICON declares war on GOONS 
- The Dark Nations Association declares war on Darkfall 
- Sparta declares war on TPF 
- M*A*S*H declares war on SPAM 
- GATO declares war on FOK 
- Greenland Republic declares war on \m/ 
- The Federation declares war on the Pink Brigade in support of NOI 
- Byzantine Empire declares war on GOONS 
- -AiD- declares they are at war with UNION, TGE, FOK and SPAM. 
- NPO declares war on GOLD 
- BotS declares war on Darkfall, SPAM, =LOST=, New Dark Order, and the Crimson Sun Empire (presumably not realizing that Crimson Sun is on their side) 
- VE reforms, and declares war on the Unjust Highway 
- IAA declares war on Valhalla 
- Azure Empire declares on GOONS 
- NEO 
- ICE 
- FAN (they remain engaged in the FAN-WUT War) 
- SPQR 
- TOOTLOCAHD 
- ODK 
- MAD 
- NO 
- ULB 
- TOP (also withdraws from WUT) 
- TFD 
- TTK 
- NooN 
- TCA 
- WWJMBD 
- GPA 
- OIN 
- SE 
- MRA 
- \m/ 
- MK 
- Genmay 
- OFS 
- OFS withdraws ceasefire 
- Genmay withdraws ceasefire 
Surrenders & WithdrawalsEdit
- -AiD- surrenders to FOK and their allies, including UNION, which withdraws from the war 
- TPF surrenders to New Polar Order, Sparta, Maroon Defense Coalition, and DUAL . RIS leaves the war at the same time.
- MK surrenders to MCXA, NpO and their Allies 
- SuperFriends (Fark, RIA, and ASC) agree with GGA over terms for withdrawal from the war; SuperFriends do not formally surrender, but do agree to pay reparations 
- IPA agrees to withdraw DoW as required by Fark under above agreement 
- =LOST= withdraws from fighting New Polar Order and allies 
- CMEA surrenders to FCO and TSH 
- TOOL surrenders to IRON 
- R&R surrenders to NoV 
- GOLD surrenders to CIS and NPO, and effectively disbands 
- FOK and TGE withdraw from fighting NTO and GATO and cancel reparation deals 
- CDS surrenders to HoG,PLUS, and Nueva Vida 
- \m/ disbands 
- GOD surrenders to the forces of Norden Verein, ONOS, PLUS, Wolfpack, and Nueva Vida, but remains at war with FEAR 
- GS surrenders to IRON, GGA, The Brigade, TSH, and GAT-ITEC 
- Genmay disbands 
- M*A*S*H and SPAM agree to a white peace 
- BAPS surrenders to NoV, VE and The Brigade 
- WAPA surrenders to BLEU, agrees to move off the Blue sphere 
- Scotland Forever surrenders to Wolfpack and GDA 
- The Federation and Pink Brigade agree to a white peace 
- Legion, IAA and Valhalla agree to a white peace 
- OFS surrenders to NoV and NOI 
- Darkfall surrenders to NpO, BoTS, DNA and STA 
- EoTRS surrenders to IMU, OcUK, CIS, NPO, and NoV 
- GOD and FEAR cease hostilities under private terms 
- Entente of The Rising Sun disbands after being re-declared on by NoV.
- GGA sentences SPAM to total ZI .
- Bilrow announces that ~ officially declares victory over the Unjust Highway .
|History Portal||Main Page||All Wars | Alliance Wars | Global Wars | Events | Team History|