|The "For Steve!" War|
|Date||June 6, 2016 - August 24, 2016|
|Casus belli||Chimaera allegedly breaking terms of Oculus-MI6 War|
|Result||Oculus and Allies Victory|
|Linked and Sub-Conflicts|
The "For Steve!" War began when Non Grata attacked MI6 in a cryptically worded OWF announcement. The responses by many belligerents was "For Steve!", leading many to believe that the attack was a response to MI6 members attacking Steve Buscemi in Politics & War. Later, this was clarified by NG to be a ruse, and that the real reason was MI6 not adhering to the terms of their surrender in the Oculus–MI6 War (i.e. alleged douchbaggery and poaching).
The War Expands[edit | edit source]
The escalated quickly, with New Polar Order nations joining in immediately (albeit undeclared) and a declaration by The Bear Cavalry. The New Sith Order and Monsters, Inc. declared shortly thereafter.
New Polar Order recognized hostilities with Sparta on June 12 -- Sparta and the North Atlantic Defense Coalition entered in response, shortly after signing a treaty which many believed to be specifically for that purpose.
On June 16, Sengoku and the Sovereign League of Armed Powers declared on Sparta, followed by Atlas, honoring their treaty signed on June 9. Two days later, C&G bloc-mates Orange Defense Network and The Last Remnants followed suit. On June 23, Fark and the Mostly Harmless Alliance joined Dos Equis bloc mate NpO by declaring war on Sparta, their former bloc-mate.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- 6 JUN 2016 - NG DoW on MI6
- 6 JUN 2016 - TBC DoW on MI6
- 6 JUN 2016 - NSO DoW on MI6
- 6 JUN 2016 - MInc DoW on MI6
- 12 JUN 2016 - NpO DoW on Sparta
- 12 JUN 2016 - Sparta DoW on NpO
- 12 JUN 2016 - NADC DoW on NpO
- 16 JUN 2016 - SLAP DoW on Sparta
- 16 JUN 2016 - Sengoku DoW on Sparta
- 16 JUN 2016 - Atlas DoW on Sparta
- 16 JUN 2016 - ODN and TLR DoW on Sparta
- 23 JUN 2016 - Fark and MHA DoW on Sparta
- 24 AUG 2016 - MI6, Sparta, and NADC surrender
|History Portal||Main Page||All Wars | Alliance Wars | Global Wars | Events | Team History|