|Tournament Edition alliance|
|OP Motto: For the Glory of Johan!|
Established by Jim KongIl in Round 8 with the purpose of having a large and lethal alliance, Ordo Paradoxia took the record for having the most members at any given time. Following his departure from the alliance, Longbowe assumed the leadership roll; however, the alliance's rise to prominence slowed and it's progress became stagnate. Once Longbowe departed, Halushki became Grand Master and Ordo Paradoxia underwent a transformation to honed into an effective fighting alliance and again realize the potential sought at it's inception.
For the greater glory of Johan, God of Thunder and Rock and Roll, we hereby establish this, the charter of Ordo Paradoxia.
- A. Applicants to the order must fulfill an application process as dictated by the Grand Hospitaller. This shall include, but is not limited to, a formal request for membership with the following information:
- Cybernations: Tournament Edition Nation Name and Link to Nation
- Cybernations: Tournament Edition Ruler Name
- B. All members accepted to the order are inherently bound by the laws and procedures found within this document.
- C. Each member accepted to the order has the inalienable right to strengthen their nation with the assistance of the alliance, and request said assistance.
- D. Each member accepted to the order is expected to assist their brethren without hesitation.
- E. Each member accepted to the order is granted the privilege of speaking his or her mind on alliance matters and affairs. This privilege does not, however, entitle any member to be disrespectful of another.
Article II: Grand AssemblyEdit
- A. Members of the Grand Assembly share all the rights and privileges of members of Ordo Paradoxia, and are also granted the right to vote.
- B. Members, in good standing, who have been members of the order for at least 45 consecutive days prior to voting shall be admitted to the Grand Assembly by the Grand Inductor when the vote begins.
Votes of No ConfidenceEdit
At any time, a member of the Grand Assembly may motion for an immediate Vote of No Confidence in any government member.
- Such a motion requires at least 15 seconds to be carried.
- Should the motion be carried, it shall be taken by the Grand Master (or the Paradoxian Council, should the vote be against the Grand Master) to an immediate Grand Assembly vote.
- The vote shall last no fewer than 48 hours and no more than 96 hours. If, at the conclusion of the vote, two-thirds of the votes cast are in agreement with the motion the government member in question will be removed immediately and the selection of a replacement will begin. The Grand Master may not choose the member removed by the vote as the replacement for his or her position.
- The Grand Master shall ensure the integrity of a Vote of No Confidence in any member of the government except him or herself. In the event the Grand Master is the subject of the Vote of No Confidence, the Paradoxian Council shall assume this role.
- Any attempt, by a member of the Grand Assembly, to remove a government member by means other than those expressly outlined in this charter is grounds for expulsion.
Article III: GovernmentEdit
Elected by the Grand Assembly as outlined in Article IV. The Grand Master has absolute authority over the policies of the alliance, to include Declarations of War and the signing or cancellation of Treaties. May only be removed from the alliance by a Vote of No Confidence as outlined in Article II, Section C. Should the Grand Master resign during his or her term, the Paradoxian Council shall choose a replacement from amongst themselves.
The Paradoxian CouncilEdit
...shall govern Ordo Paradoxia and administrate the alliance as it sees fit as well as ensuring the integrity of elections. The Council shall include the following:
Appointed by the Grand Master. The Grand Hospitaller has the responsibility of ensuring the integrity of the membership, overseeing trade coordination, managing the application process, ensuring the effectiveness of the process, and accepting or denying applicants as well as training and tracking members.. The Grand Hospitaller also has the authority to modify the membership requirements not defined in this charter as well as conduct negotiations on behalf of the alliance if necessary. May be removed by the Grand Master or by a Vote of No Confidence as outlined in Article II, Section C.
Appointed by the Grand Master. The Grand Defender has the responsibility of ensuring the military readiness of the membership, coordinating Ordo Paradoxian military forces, and organizing the membership in preparation for an alliance wide war. The Grand Defender also have the authority to set military readiness requirements and commit Ordo Paradoxian military resources. May be removed by the Grand Master or by a Vote of No Confidence as outlined in Article II, Section C.
Appointed by the Grand Master. The Grand Chancellor has the responsibility of overseeing inter-alliance negotiations, coordinating the diplomatic staff of Ordo Paradoxia, and organizing foreign embassies within the order. The Grand Chancellor also has the authority to conduct negotiations on behalf of the alliance if necessary. May be removed by the Grand Master or by a Vote of No Confidence as outlined in Article II, Section C.
Article IV: ElectionsEdit
- A. The Grand Master shall be elected every two months, to coincide with the end of a Cybernations Tournament Edition round. These elections shall begin no more than ten days before the end of the round and conclude at the start of the next.
- B. Any member of the Grand Assembly may nominate any other member of the Grand Assembly who has yet to be nominated for the position of Grand Master. Once nominated, the Grand Assembly member must receive seconds from two additional members of the Grand Assembly who have yet to second a nomination. The nominee must then accept or decline the nomination before the expiration of the nomination phase. The nomination phase must last no less than 48 hours and no more than 72.
- 1. Any member removed from the government by a Vote of No Confidence in term preceding the election is not eligible for nomination or acceptance.
- 2. Should any member receiving formal Nomination for Grand Master, fail to delcare their intentions by either accepting or declining said nomination at the conclusion of the 72 hour Grand Master Nomination phase, said member will automatically forfeit their formal nomination and be removed from the current Grand Master election procecss.
- 3. At the conclusion of the Grand Master Nomination Phase, should only one member have received the required nominations to be formally nominated to run for Grand Master or should there be only one formally nominated member to accept their nomination, the Campaign and Election Phase shall be suspended and that member will be formally and officially recognized as the new Grand Master of Ordo Paradoxia.
- 4. Should at any time all members receiving formal Nomination for Grand Master, fail to delcare their intentions by either accepting or declining said nomination at the conclusion of the 72 hour Grand Master Nomination phase or should all nominated members chose to decline their formal Nomination, the sitting Paradoxian Counsel shall choose a replacement from amongst themselves to guide Ordo Paradoxia for the following round.
- 5. Should at the conclusion of the 72 hour Grand Master Nomination phase, no member of the Grand Assembly receive the required 3 nominations to be formally nominated for Grand Master of Ordo Paradoxia, any member of the Grand Assembly who received a nomination will be considered as formally nominated for Grand Master of Ordo Paradoxia. Furthermore, should not a single nomination be cast for any member of the Grand Assembly during the aforementioned nomination phase, the Grand Master electorate process shall be suspended and the current sitting Grand Master shall be deemed Grand Master for the following round. Additionally, should the sitting Grand Master resign their post, the sitting Paradoxian Counsel shall choose a replacement from amongst themselves to guide Ordo Paradoxia for the following round.
- C. Nominees who accepted their nomination will be allowed to campaign on the forums via Question and Answer sessions with the Grand Assembly and posting a campaign platform. This campaigning phase shall last no less than 48 hours and no more than 72 hours after the conclusion of the nomination phase.
- D. Members of the Grand Assembly will then vote via secret ballot for the nominee whom they feel should be Grand Master for the coming round. Voting will last no less than 48 hours and no more than 72 hours and will begin at the conclusion of the campaigning phase.
Article V: War and DefenseEdit
- A. All members of Ordo Paradoxia are expected to be ready to defend the alliance at any time.
- B. Members shall strive to meet the military readiness requirements set by the Grand Chancellor, and executed by the Grand Defender(s) and his or her staff, to the best of their ability.
- C. No member shall declare war against an aligned nation, as defined by the Grand Master, or any ally.
Article VI: Ratification and AmendmentEdit
- A. This charter shall be ratified by the founding government in a vote lasting no less than 48 hours and no more than 96 hours. A two-thirds majority for the ratification shall be required to ratify this document.
- B. The Grand Master may, at any time, propose the amendment of this charter. Such a proposal shall go to a vote by the Grand Assembly. This vote shall last no less than 40 hours and no more than 96 hours with the Councilor(s)-at-Large ensuring the integrity of the vote. A two-thirds majority for the proposal shall be required to amend this document.