This alliance merged to become part of the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance.
Merger occurred on/around January 16, 2008
More info is available here.
|Maroon Defense Coalition|
|MDC Motto: Loyalty, Honor, Strength.|
|Founder(s)||Tulak Hord, Chris Canny, King Chris, Cheyenne|
|Maroon Senate||Fen W|
Loyalty, Honor, Strength. The principles of the Maroon Defense Coalition (MDC). The face of the Medium and powerful Maroon Team alliance. After having passed several tests of strength, including the Great War and a rebel insurrection, MDC, formerly known as TAGA, is an extremely proud and loyal alliance always seeking out new ways to improve and protect our members.
The End of Team Allied Guardians Alliance
As a potential merger was launched by TAGA towards the other large maroon alliance, ONOS, the attitude of the alliance was riding high. Surely, a mask could follow up on the achievement if the merger all would go well. ONOS was an imperial alliance, for sure, but it was assumed that there could be a stable blend of TAGA's elements with ONOS's. This proved to be false, however; ONOS members did not particularly mesh with TAGA's members, and a plot by King Arthur II to overcome Tulak Hord's influence in the newly formed Maroon Allied Guardians, the merger alliance name, did not bode well with many ex-TAGAites. A fair sized group, roughly 20 members, believed much of this to be because of the merger.
The USN and MDC Part Ways
Under the guidance of several ex-loyal members, about 20 separatists believed TAGA to be going the wrong direction. Under their own beliefs, to bring back the old spirit of TAGA that had died down, they moved to peaceful secession with MAG, which had already lost ONOS due to tensions. Announcing their plan on the MAG boards, the separatist faction departed MAG, forming the totally-democratic United Sovereign Nations. MAG was now down to the old TAGAites minus the USN secessionists, though still with a great member advantage over the 40-member USN. Revolutionizing, it instilled a democratic government and a new name, the Maroon Defense Coalition. Fortunately, as all these changes went down, no conflict occurred between the USN and the MDC. They remain diplomatically neutral to each other to this day.
The MDC comes out of its Shell
After weeks of organizing and building without recognition, the MDC officially announced it was coming into the world on November 4, 2006. It came with 120 members and an entirely new leadership. The Maroon team was finally stable again and a new world order began.
The members of the Maroon Defense Coalition vow to defend and uphold the character and honor of the Coalition. Henceforth, we unite under this, the banner of the MDC, to promote the strength and welfare of our alliance.
- To attain membership, a nation must pledge an oath to the Maroon Defense Coalition in the offsite forum.
- Membership can be denied by the Council of Coalition Affairs.
- Membership may be revoked by either a 50% +1 majority in the General Assembly or by a 4/4 vote in the Council of Coalition Affairs.
II. Imperial Council
- The Maroon Defense Coalition will be lead by the Imperial Council, consisting of two rulers, the two Emperors of the Coalition
- Decisions that are made by the Imperial Council must be approved by a 2/2 vote
- Should an Emperor step down from his position, he will designate a replacement
- The Imperial Council holds veto powers over both Councils
- The Imperial Council will be responsible for appointing the Imperial Chancellor of the alliance
- In times of war, the Emperors will make all decisions of the Coalition based on the opinions and ideas of the War Council
III. Imperial Chancellor
- 1) The Imperial Chancellor will be the appointed assistant to the Emperors
- 2) The Imperial Chancellor will assist the Emperors in chairing in the War Council
- 3) The Imperial Chancellor will retain his position for life, unless ordered to step down by all Councils or both Emperors
- 4) In the event that an Emperor is absent for more than three days, the Imperial Chancellor will "fill-in" for him/her in all Council votes.
- 5) The Imperial Chancellor will also act as an advisor to the Emperors
IV. General Assembly
The General Assembly is made up of all members of the Coalition and will be charged with voting in the elections for the Councils and have the ability to expel a member with a 51% majority, but may not expel an emperor without proof of treason. They may also vote on Charter amendments (see Article VII)
Below are the two Councils which will be elected by the General Assembly. Elections will take place at the beginning of every month with nominations taken from the General Assembly 5 days before the elections take place. Voting will take place for a period of 48 hours, after which the four members with the most votes in each Council will be elected. Members may only run for one Council at a time and Councilmen can be elected an unlimited number of times.
A. War Council
- 1) The War Council will be comprised of four elected members.
- 2) The War Council will be responsible for issuing military policies, declarations of war approved by the Emperors, preparing the military for such an event and ensuring the overall safety of the Coalition.
B. Council of Coalition Affairs
- 1)The Coalition Council will be comprised of four elected members.
- 2)The Coalition Council will be in charge of foreign relations, assigning ambassadors and the day-to-day running of the alliance.
- 3)The Coalition Council can deny a nations application to the alliance with a 4/4 vote.
VI. Officers of the Coalition
- 1) Officers of the Coalition will be designated by the Emperors
- 2) Officers of the Coalition will be assigned to certain special tasks, depending on what's needed in a specific field
- 4) Councilmen may request that an Officer of the Coalition complete a certain task
- 5) An Officer of the Coalition can serve for as many missions as the Emperors choose
VII. Charter Amendments
Any member may propose a charter amendment to the General Assembly. Discussion will take place for no more than 48 hours and a majority vote of 75% must vote in favor of it in order for it to be amended into the charter.
The Flag Flying High
The official flag of MDC, with the diplomatic tri-form symbol, was developed by Truth in a flag-design competition. It serves to represent the cohesion of both Maroon and Purple teams in the alliance, and the founding principles of Loyalty, Honor, and Strength.
The Alliance Slogan
The Alliance's official slogan was nominated, and chosen, as Loyalty, Honor, Strength, serving as key principles to build as a base for the alliance. MDC is devoted to these principles in all manners of relations and alliance affairs, and promotes these elements amongst all members who proudly call themselves members of the Maroon Defense Coalition.
MDC Military Ranks and Members
Imperial Field Marshall: None
Generals: Laosurfer, Ikarius, Lost ppl, Sconers, and Da Sparkplug93
Pacts and Treaties of the Maroon Defense Coalition
|The MDC - MCB NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the MCB Alliance||11/22/06||Active|
|The MDC - MCCF NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the MCCF||11/22/06||Overwritten, see The Domain Error Accords|
|MDC - MHA NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the MHA||11/23/06||Active|
|The MDC - LIH NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the LIH||11/26/06||Cancelled in recent vote|
|The NDF||Northern Defense Front||11/26/06||Void|
|The MDC - CDS NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the CDS||01/04/07||Void due to GWII aggression|
|The MDC - NAAC NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the NAAC||12/06/06||Void due to GWII aggression|
|The MDC- NpO Friendship Pact||Friendship Pact with the NpO||10/24/06||Overwritten, see World Unity Treaty|
|The MDC - BTA NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the BTA||12/14/06||Void due to GWII aggression|
|The MDC - AID NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the AID||12/14/06||Cancelled in recent vote|
|The MDC - USN NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the USN||12/20/06||Canceled during tensions.|
|UWA Protectorate||Protectorate Pact with the UWA||12/22/06||Canceled|
|The MDC - CON NAP||Non Aggression Pact with the CON||01/10/07||Active|
|The United Nordic Defense Pact||MADP with the NoR||01/12/07||Overwritten, see World Unity Treaty|
|The World Unity Treaty||aka The Initiative||01/22/07||Canceled|
|The MDC - MCXA MADP||MADP with the MCXA||02/27/07||Active|
|GPA DoN||GPA Declaration of Neutrality||02/28/07||Active|
|The Hegemony||Maroon Bloc with NoV, CORE, and TTK||10/29/07||Active|
|Dude... Wheres my PIAT?||PIAT with GATO||11/1/07||Active|
|The MDC - CORE MADP||MADP with CORE||11/24/07||Active|
|The MDC - OA PIAT||PIAT with OA||12/1/07||Canceled|
MDC welcomes ambassadors from all alliances where we promise to be as helpful and hospitable as possible in order to become friends with your alliance. Embassy request requirements: 30 members or higher.
Significant Maroon Team Alliances
|Current||CRAP • NG • NoR(2) • RIA • TLR • TTK|
|Defunct||Alchemy • AOri • Angelite • BE(1&2) • CNC • CSN • CORE • DLP • DUAL • DPA • DRN • ENA • FFC • Forte • FUN • GUN • Heaven's Gate • HPS • IR • KoA • KIX • MA(1) • MA(2) • MAG • MDC • MRA • MK • NoR(1) • NoV • ODS • ONOS • PFJ • PrF • Rapture • SoL(1) • SoL(2) • Sovrana • TAPS • TAGA • TCSS • TheFed • TI • TOH • TR(1) • TR(2) • tU • TYR(1) • UGO • US • VIK|
|Moved||Asgaard • Brain • NSO • SLCB|
|See also||Active: Chestnut Accords • lol, Maroonity • MEP • RIA-TP • SPAM • Treaty for Maroon Dominance |
Defunct: • MAF • MEAT • New Church of Maroon • One Big Happy Family Accords
Other: Maroonity • Maroon War
|Currently sanctioned alliances are denoted by Bold Italicized Font. Formerly sanctioned alliances are denoted by Bold Font.|