|Founder(s)||DoubleU and Dawny|
|Founded||26 May 2007 — 5,180 Days Old|
as of 06 May 2014
Invicta, formerly and formally Regnum Invictorum, is a Red team alliance (formerly Purple) founded by Dawny and DoubleU of Novus Orbus on 26 May 2007. They were then joined by ex-Novus Orbus members, Steve927 and King Hobbs, along with Synagence of Illuminati.
- Main article: Charter of Invicta
- See also: Invicta's First Charter and Springdale Convention of 2008
Invicta's operation has been described as a "dictatorship by consensus" – that is, while the President can rule with unilateral authority, it is well-established precedent that he or she consults with the ministers appointed by him/her. In addition, amendments to the Charter require Presidential approval before going into effect, and although a membership vote on the amendment is required, it technically is in effect upon the President approving it.
Invicta's Charter provides for the appointment of a vice president and such "officers of state" as the president deems necessary. Traditionally, the most senior of these officers are called ministers, of which there are currently four: Foreign Affairs, War, Finance, and Internal Affairs. The ministers are granted the authority to appoint deputy ministers to assist them as they see fit. However, all members of government serve at the pleasure of the president and can be removed at any time.
Invicta, by way of its merger with PAW, formerly had in place the Kansouri Merit Plan of routine confidence votes. Its rare implementation, in addition to Invicta's population blossoming to as high as 300 during the Continuum-GPA War, eventually led to formalized, regular retention votes enacted through the Springdale Convention. These were subsequently eliminated in March 2009, whereupon Invicta reverted to the "benevolent dictatorship" model upon which it was founded.
- Main article: History of Invicta
Invicta was formed on 26 May 2007, after DoubleU and Dawny left Novus Orbus over fears that NO's former tyrannical leader would regain power and slowly destroy the alliance. September 2007, Invicta did not fight, instead choosing to aid UPN financially. In June 2008, Invicta began restructuring its government. By way of a Charter amendment, the sole remaining Secretary of State (Atlashill) was named Vice President. On 12 August 2008, Dawny announced her retirement, designating Atlashill as her successor. Following a largely quiet term of five months, Atlashill retired from the Presidency on 19 January 2009, and was succeeded by Jorost. On 9 April 2010, Invicta officially changed its name to Regnum Invictorum, Latin for "Realm of the Undefeated". The names "Regnum Invictorum" and "Invicta" are currently used in parallel with each other; until January 2013, "Regnum Invictorum" was used as the alliance affiliation after which time the affiliation returned to Invicta. Regnum Invictorum is still used on some treaty documents. Jorost became Lord Protector of Invicta, Sovereign of the Realm, and Defender of the One True Faith. The remainder of the Invicta Government was altered according to 'the Dear Leader's vision.'
- Ellis Presidents of Invicta
- The President reigns supreme in the alliance, his words are law. The only way for a President to be removed with out them stepping down is for the Lord Protector to remove them from power.
- Learz: Vice President of Invicta
- The VP is the Presidents right hand, handles all matters in the absence of the President. This position is appointed by the President and the VP is the successor in the event the President steps down.
- President Gunn: Secretary of State
- The Secretary of State is responsible for the day to day activities within the Alliance. The SoS is also the third in command of the Alliance, and the one that is blamed if anything ever goes wrong.
- Nascar8FanGA: Webmaster
- The Webmaster is admin of the forums of Invicta. He makes everything run smoothly until the servers crash.
- King William: Minister of Finance
- The Minister of Finance handles finance requests, runs aid programs, arranges tech deals.
- xR1 Fatal Instinct: Minister of Foreign Affairs
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs handles the interactions between other alliances, signing treaties, arranging protectorates to be signed.
- Jon32492: Minister of Internal Affairs
- The Minister of Internal Affairs handles trials, disputes, and is in charge of demasking former members. Also Captain of the Cricket team.
- Contra: Minister of War
- This is the person in charge of all War related matters when Invicta marches on her enemies.
- See also: Treaties of Invicta
Forums • Stats • Members
|Articles||Charter | History | Treaties|
|Co-Founders||Dawny | DoubleU|
|Government||King William | Rotty | President Gunn | xR1 Fatal Instinct | Contra | Ordoeq | Highroad|
Significant Red Team Alliances
|Current||New Pacific Order|
|Under 20||Union of Communist Republics|
|Defunct||1stMI • CoJ • COMECON • CG(1) • CG(2) • CoRE • CrKr • FPA • FIRE(1) • FIRE(2) • GARO • GCU • GNO • Helghan Empire • LBA • LSN • LITH • Nevermore • NLF • Oceania • RNU • RIOT • SWF(2) • Stripes • TC • TDC • TDP • Thessaly • TMF • TRC • Vox(2) • UED(1) • USF • USSR|
|Moved||CATO • Invicta • NAC(2) • OD-Alliance • OIN • R&R • Screaming Red Asses • Socialist Workers Front(3) • The Imperial Remnant|
|See also||Active: |
Defunct: Union for Sphere Stability on Red (USSR) • Agora Accords • Lawyers, Guns and Money Doctrine • Moldavi Doctrine • Red Dawn • Revenge Doctrine • Solidarity
|Currently sanctioned alliances are denoted by Bold Italicized Font. Formerly sanctioned alliances are denoted by Bold Font.|