- For the alliance, see Defense Confederation.
DEFCON (a portmanteau of 'Defense' and 'Condition') allows nations to specify their national defense condition. DEFCON is a series of different alert settings that allow a greater military readiness during war and happiness benefits during peacetime.
There are five DEFCON settings, and it can only be changed once every day. Generally it is best to spend most of your time in DEFCON 5, as during peacetime it will allow for a higher happiness. When attacking or defending in a war, a lower DEFCON is recommended for full military efficiency and cheaper soldiers to replace those lost.
DEFCON 5 is normal peacetime readiness. It is the state that is the usual setting of a nation during peacetime, as it offers bonuses to happiness at the expense of military readiness.
- Grants a +2 Population Happiness bonus.
- Soldiers are 20% more expensive to buy.
- The nation's military operates at 76% normal battle strength.
DEFCON 4 is a more precautionary setting. It provides a smaller happiness bonus, but the increase in soldier costs declines and battle strength is higher than in DEFCON 5.
- Grants a +1 Population Happiness bonus.
- Soldiers are 10% more expensive to buy.
- The nation's military operates at 81% normal battle strength.
DEFCON 3 is the middle-of-the-way setting. Neither happiness nor initial soldier cost suffer, but battle strength is still not at full efficiency.
- No bonus or penalty to Population Happiness.
- Soldiers are the normal purchase price.
- The nation's military operates at 86% normal battle strength.
DEFCON 2 is the second to lowest setting available. A penalty to happiness for such a high alert is offset by cheaper soldiers and an increased military strength.
- Population Happiness suffers a -1 penalty.
- Soldiers are 10% cheaper to buy.
- The nation's military operates at 93% normal battle strength.
DEFCON 1 is the lowest setting possible and represents the highest alert status. Military operates at maximum efficiency and soldiers are considerably cheaper, but population happiness takes a hit as a result. This is the most common setting during a war.
- Population Happiness suffers a -2 penalty.
- Soldiers are 20% cheaper to buy.
- The nation's military operates at 100% normal battle strength.
|Technical Portal||Main Page||CN guides | How-to-Play | Articles on CN terms | List of CN terms|