Updated and Ratified June 1, 2008
Section I - Principles and PurposeEdit
- Neutrality. The GPA shall pursue friendly, peaceful and impartial conduct toward all other nations and alliances, maintaining a strict stance of political and military neutrality.
- Sovereignty. All GPA nations have the right to govern their nations’ internal affairs subject to the GPA's Charter, Laws, and Treaties.
- Protection. The GPA, as an Alliance, has the right and duty to defend against either hostile actions directed at individual members or at the sovereignty of the GPA.
Section II - GovernanceEdit
- The GPA shall be governed by an elected President and Vice President who are in charge of the elected Ministers. The Cabinet is comprised of the President, Vice President and the Ministers.
- The terms of service, method of appointment and responsibilities of the Cabinet shall be defined in GPA Laws.
Section III - LegislationEdit
- GPA Laws shall consist of The Charter, The Constitution and Treaties of the GPA. The GPA Charter supersedes all other GPA legislation and authority.
- The membership shall vote for ratification of all GPA Laws and amendments. The President reserves the right to veto Laws and amendments.
- The President and/or Vice President may amend the Constitution in the event of an emergency. The amendment must be ratified by the membership within 48 hours for it to remain in effect.
- A Treaty is defined as a written agreement between the GPA and any external alliance or nation which commits the GPA and its Members to a course of action.
Section IV - MembershipEdit
- Membership is a privilege and not a right and as such, the GPA has the right to set any and all conditions for acceptance into and expulsion from the Alliance.
- All members agree to uphold the Letter and Spirit of all GPA Laws and Principles.
Section V - Foreign RelationsEdit
- The GPA will not enter into any offensive or defensive military agreements with any other Alliance.
- GPA members will not initiate an offensive war and will not provide materials or funds that benefit one or more parties who are in a state of war, without direct permission from the Minister of Defense or their designee. If military action is used against a GPA member it may immediately retaliate with any military assets except nuclear weapons.
- Nuclear weapons may only be used in retaliation and only with the approval of the President.
- GPA encourages interactions between GPA members and non-GPA members that are conducted in an honest, friendly and impartial manner. However, GPA members will not partake in any inter-Alliance politics or issues that do not directly involve the GPA.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.