In late August, 2007, numerous GUARD alliances left the Grand Union, greatly weakening the bloc.
- Atlantic Shadow Confederation resigned on August 25. (link)
- Sparta resigned on August 27. (link)
- Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations resigned on August 28. (link)
- United Sovereign Nations resigned on August 28. (link)
- The Templar Knights resigned on August 28. (link)
- Random Insanity Alliance left on August 29 (link)
- North Atlantic Defense Coalition left on May 17 ,2008
- Organized Nations of Superiority and Tri-Color Federation left GUARD much earlier than this event, for different reasons.
- One night Sparta said they were thinking about leaving GUARD and nearly everyone else said the same, so we came to the conclusion GUARD's time had past and to move on... We wanted to end it nice and easily by disbanding it, but ASC went ahead and jumped the gun and left while we were trying to set it up. Either way, NADC never logged an official on for representation so we never could get along to disbanding it these past few days.
GUARD did not permit member alliances to sign MDPs with outside powers, so the rapid independence of so many sizable alliances led to some level of competition among established powers to befriend as many as possible.
- NPO and NpO signed MDPs with Sparta. (link, link)
- The Unjust Path announced that for a period or one month it would protect NADC, CSN, RIA, TTK and USN from outside aggression. (link)
- GATO signed an MDP and GOONS signed a MADP with ASC (Link) (Link) Although shortly after ASC cancelled their MDP with GATO (Link)
- The RIA and ASC formed The SuperFriends along with Farkistan (Link)
|History Portal||Main Page||All Wars | Alliance Wars | Global Wars | Events | Team History|