|Lords of the Unforgotten|
|Protectorate of R&R|
|LotU Motto: Alright, I wanna cast a spell...|
|Founder(s)||Hoyath and Tirin|
as of 08/31/09
Lords of the Unforgotten CharterEdit
We, the nations of The Lords of the Unforgotten Alliance come together with bonds of friendship and trust to pledge that we will help each other economically and that we will defend each other from all enemies both foreign and domestic that would seek to harm us.
We, The Government of The Lords of the Unforgotten Alliance shall at all times treat all peoples, both foreign and domestic, with respect; and that we shall lead the alliance to the best of our ability, always doing what is best for the alliance.
We, the Membership of The Lords of the Unforgotten Alliance shall at all times treat all persons, both foreign and domestics, that enter this great establishment with respect; and that we shall at all times treat The Government with respect; we shall let The Government know of any disagreement we may have, but we understand that they may disagree and state their case with respect;and that we shall do what is best for the Alliance in all things, including aid and war.
Joining the Lords of the Unforgotten AllianceEdit
- Any person seeking membership with the Lords of the Unforgotten must file an application in Applicants board
- Any person seeking membership must be on the Orange Team unless given permission by the Triumvirate to be otherwise. An example of when this would occur would be if the person is currently in a trade circle with nations of a different team, then they will be permitted to stay on that colored team until they can be replaced, afterwards they are expected to transfer teams.
- They must not be in any wars which they have declared.
- They must not be on any ZI lists.
If these requirements are met than a member of the Triumvirate will accept them into the alliance and mask them appropriately, meaning that they are know an official member of the Lords of the Unforgotten, and are required to fly the Lords of the Unforgotten AA.
The Triumvirate of the Lords of the UnforgottenEdit
The Triumvirate shall consist of three members chosen by fair election of the General Assembly. They shall rule the Alliance equally and cohesively.
The Triumvirate, with a unanimous vote, shall have the power toEdit
- Sign lower level treaties with another alliance
- Submit higher level (Mutual Defense Pact or higher) treaties with another alliance to the General Assembly
- Expel any member of the Alliance that has been duly submitted to them by the General Assembly or whom they have chosen
- Cancel any treaty
The Triumvirate, with a majority vote, shall have the power toEdit
- Submit an amendment to this document to the General Assembly for approval
- Make decrees that are not to exceed the authority of this document
- Appoint or remove members of the General Assembly to or from any position not outlined in this document
- Deny the membership of any applicant
- One seat on the Triumvirate shall have an election every month, with each Triumvir serving a three month term before going up for reelection.
- If two members of the Triumvirate feel that the other is not capable of fulfilling their duties, they shall contact the General Assembly, who shall elect somebody to serve as temporary Triumvir until such time as the new Triumvirate feels the displaced Triumvir can fulfill his duties again
- Should a seat on the Triumvirate become vacant, the election procedures shall begin immediately to elect someone to fill the seat for the remainder of the Triumvir's term
General Assembly of The Lords of the UnforgottenEdit
The General Assembly shall consist of every person who has had an application with the alliance approved and has not left since.
The General Assembly shall have the power toEdit
- Ratify any amendment to this document by 48 hour vote; for the amendment to be ratified, 75%+1 of all votes cast must be in favor of ratification
- Approve higher level treaties submitted to the General Assembly by the Triumvirate by 48 hour vote, 50%+1 of all votes cast must in favor for the treaty to be approved
- Elect the Triumvirate by 48 hour vote
- Impeach any member of the Triumvirate who shall have been submitted to them by 48 hour vote; to be impeached, 75%+1 of all votes cast must be in favor of impeachment of the Triumvir
- Remove any person of a position not outlined in this document who shall have been submitted to them by 48 hour vote; to be removed, a majority of all votes cast must be in favor of Removal of the Justice
- Approve the Triumvirate's choices of whom to be appointed to a position not outlined in this document; 50%+1 of all votes cast must be in favor of approval for the member in question to be appointed to the Courts
- Submit to the Triumvirate or General Assembly any Triumvir whom they believe should be impeached
- Submit to the Triumvirate or General Assembly any member whom they believe is in violation of this or any other documents
- Submit to the Triumvirate any grievances with any decrees they may have
- Cancel a treaty with a 75% +1 of votes cast after a 48 hour discussion and the proposal being seconded and thirded.
- The election procedures shall begin on the final week of every month
- The Triumvir up for election shall post two topics in the Elections Area, one for a member of the General Assembly to nominate themselves or another member for Triumvir, and one a week later for the election itself of all accepted applicants.
- Any member of the General Assembly shall be able to second a nomination for Triumvir for it to be passed.
- Incumbents are already nominated, and need not be seconded.
- The nomination period shall last for 1 week.
- In order to be placed on the ballot, a member must receive a nomination from one fellow member, as well as accept a nomination by somebody else through either posting so in the nomination thread, or notifying the Triumvir up for election privately.
- The poll shall accept votes for ninety-six hours, and will be closed to discussion
- After ninety-six hours, whoever holds the most votes shall have won the election
- If the winner of the election is not the incumbent, then before taking on the title and responsibilities of Triumvir of the Lords of the Unforgotten, the Triumvir-elect must post a topic in the Press Room board, in this topic, they shall post the Oath of Office of Triumvir of The Lords of the Unforgotten:
I <name>, ruler of <nation> do promise to do my best to execute the Office of Triumvir of The Lords of the Unforgotten, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Charter of The Lords of the Unforgotten. So help me Stealthkill.
Upon completion of this post, the Triumvir-elect shall take on the title and responsibilities of Triumvir of The Lords of the Unforgotten
War & PeaceEdit
- The Triumvirate may declare war upon any alliance with fewer than 100 members so long as the alliance-in-question holds no treaties
- The Triumvirate may declare war on any alliance that attacks the Lords of the Unforgotten Alliance
- The Triumvirate may declare war on any alliance so long as the Declaration of War is because of a treaty The Lords of the Unforgotten Alliance holds
- For all other cases, the Triumvirate may submit to the General Assembly a motion to declare war against the alliance-in-question
- The Triumvirate may declare peace with any alliance
- All votes of War and Peace shall require a unanimous vote of the triumvirate, and where applicable, greater than 66% of ballots cast in a Ninety-Six hour general assembly vote
Leaving the Lords of the UnforgottenEdit
Any member who wishes to leave the Lords of the Unforgotten must do the following:
- Notify at least one member of the Triumvirate, by any means, of their intention to leave the alliance. The member or the Triumvirate contacted shall then post this in the resignation forum after the Triumvirate has responded confirming that they know of the member's departure.
- Remove the approved 'Lords of the Unforgotten' Alliance Affiliation
After these steps have been completed, the person shall no longer be considered a member of The Lords of the Unforgotten
Any person who removes the approved 'Lords of the Unforgotten' Alliance Affiliation without Triumvirate approval will have left the Alliance and may be subject to penalties for improperly leaving. Any person who applies to another alliance while still holding membership in The Lords of the Unforgotten will lose their membership status in the Alliance
Amending the CharterEdit
All Amendments to the Charter must be first approved by all Triumvirs. The Triumvirate will then decide whether or not the amendment is major enough to go to the members of Lords of the Unforgotten, and if it is major enough for a popular vote, the Triumvirate will decide what percentage of approval is neccessary for the ratification of the amendment. In the event that the General of the Lords of the Unforgotten believe that the council misjudged, they can demand a popular vote, and it should be approved by no less than 30% of the General Assembly. The public vote would then be enacted, with majority winning the vote. All public votes would last for one Ninety-Six hours before closing.
The Elastic ClauseEdit
The Triumvirate of the Lords of the Unforgotten are permitted to take any action not specified in the charter provided that there is a unanimous vote by the Triumvirate.
Ratification of CharterEdit
In order for this document to come into effect, it must be approved by the former Council of the Lords of the Unforgotten, then approved with a majority vote by the General Assembly. After all three Triumvirs have been elected, then the Charter will officially be in action.